From Desiring God:
In a Father’s Day sermon in 2005 John Piper shared eleven “precious truths” his father had imparted to him — truths, he explained, that were no mere transmission of information, but involved a whole life that demonstrated what was taught.
Here are those eleven simple, deeply inspiring truths:
- There is a great, majestic God in heaven, and we were meant to live for his glory not ours.
- When things don’t go the way they should, God always makes them turn for good.
- God can be trusted.
- Life is precarious, and life is precious. Don’t presume that you will have it tomorrow and don’t waste it today.
- A merry heart does good like a medicine and Christ is the great heart-Satisfier.
- A Christian is a great doer not a great don’ter.
- The Christian life is supernatural.
- Bible doctrine is important but don’t beat people up with it.
- Respect your mother.
- Be who God made you to be and not somebody else.
- People are lost and need to be saved through faith in Jesus Christ.
These truths, along with their exposition, were adapted into a booklet which is now available in electronic form.
Download the pdf book here.